Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution

It is in looking back on all that happened in 2010 while anxiously awaiting things to come in 2011 that I realize how wonderful life is.  One thing is for certain, everything happens for a reason.  Often times it's easy to get caught up in the moment and be completely focused on it, but in the end somehow, no matter how messed up or simply beautiful the experiences were, it all makes sense.  A friend that will forever remain in my heart once told me, positive equals positive.  By thinking positive things and making positive choices, positive things will happen.  This past year has been full of ups and downs, and it was no easy task to find the positive in every situation, but by moving on and accepting what has been, I find I can fully appreciate the present.  Of course, it's important not to worry too much about what the future holds but that doesn't mean that there is no need to set goals, appreciate successes, grow and learn from failure, and to think about the limitless possibilities.  No one and nothing should limit you, your dreams, or your desires.  In the end though, it's important to keep in mind that what lies ahead might not always be easy, but trust that it will be worth it in the end.

One word encompasses my resolution for the new year.  Trust.  This coming year I hope to learn to trust myself more, trust others more, trust in God, trust that everything happens for a reason, and trust that all things work out in the end.  I challenge myself, in 2011 and beyond, to be more courageous and fight for what I want and believe in.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

No comments:

Post a Comment