Sunday, January 2, 2011

making KINECTions

New Years Day was spent recovering from the night before.  The evening was filled with delicious Lebanese food and great company.  If you've never tried Lebanese food, I would definitely recommend it.  It was delicious...I even tried raw meat!  Yikes!  After the feast (literally SO much food), we all watched the NHL Winter Classic (Washington Capitals versus Pittsburgh Penguins).  I was cheering for the Capitals; after watching 24/7: Penguins/Capitals Road to the NHL Winter Classic, I really identified with the Capitals.  The show chronicles the lives of the players, including practices, travel, et cetera.  What I found to be most striking was the half time speech of the Capital's head coach.  The team had fallen into a rut, losing multiple games.  As I listened to their coach's speech consisting of profanities and lacking effective encouragement, I felt as though I was back on the field hockey field in Fenton, MO...HENCE it was a no-brainer to cheer for the Capitals.  While the majority of the game was somewhat uneventful, the Capitals ended up defeating the Penguins. VICTORY!  After the game, we all played Kinect on Xbox360.  It was a lot of fun and a pretty good workout!  I even managed to capture my friend Beth's awesome volleyball skills...the quality is EXTREMELY poor, but this video was too funny not to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment