Monday, November 1, 2010

Life after SLUFH

Four years ago, when I committed to play field hockey at SLU, I could have never imagined what I was getting myself into.  What started as a class of 11 very different freshmen blossomed into four confident senior leaders who had been to hell and back.  No doubt the four of us would agree that it was time for us to move on with our lives and enjoy our final semester of college.  Recently I've been reflecting a lot on the past and although at times I never thought I'd be able to finish and wished that circumstances had been different, I know I would not change a thing.  Some might think I'm crazy for saying that, but the roller-coaster ride over the last four years has prepared me to face any challenge in my future.  I know, without a doubt, I can overcome any obstacle that stands in the way of my dreams.  I've been equipped with the skills and knowledge to be a successful member of society, no matter what I chose to do.  As far as my fellow senior SLUFH-ers go, I know they will find happiness and success too.  Whether it be in the business world, classroom, kitchen, or across the globe, we will succeed and always be connected.  Our shared experience is something no words can even come close to explaining.  As we look forward to graduation in May and go our separate ways, we will all be leaving some part of us on our field, with our team, in Saint Louis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment